If you consider dental implants as an option for replacing missing teeth, you may have heard of mini dental implants. But what are they? Mini dental implants are smaller implants in size than traditional dental implants. They are typically used to replace one or two missing teeth rather than multiple teeth. Mini dental implants are undoubtedly an excellent option for the people who don’t have enough bone density to support traditional dental implants.
Benefits Of Mini Dental Implants
Mini dental implant surgery is typically much less invasive than traditional dental implant surgery. It means that you will likely have a shorter recovery time and experience less pain. Mini dental implants are also an excellent option for people who cannot wear dentures, as they provide a more secure fit.
If you are considering mini dental implants, be sure to consult with a qualified dentist in your area. They can help you determine if this type of implant is right for you.
- Mini dental implants are a type of implant that is smaller in size than traditional dental implants
- They are typically used to replace one or two missing teeth rather than multiple teeth
- Mini dental implants are an excellent option for people who don’t have enough bone density to support traditional dental
Mini Dental Implants Procedure
The procedure for mini dental implants is very similar to traditional dental implants. The first step is to consult with a qualified dentist to see if mini dental implants are right for you. If they decide that mini dental implants are a good option, the dentist will check-up your teeth and send it to a lab. The lab will create a model of your teeth according to the instruction of dentist, used to create your custom-made implant.
The next step is implant placing in your jawbone surgically. This will be done typically in one visit to the dentist’s office. When the implant has been placed, you will need to wait several months to heal and integrate with your bone before you can have the restoration (such as a crown, bridge, or denture) placed on it. This may take several months to complete.
When implant has integrated with your bone and healed, you will return to the dentist’s office for your restoration placement appointment. During this procedure, the dentist will remove temporary restoration that was put in place during the healing period (if one was needed), then attach your custom-made permanent restoration onto the mini dental implant using an abutment. Once this is done, you’ll be able to go home with a new smile!
Mini Dental Implant Procedure & Recovery Time
The mini dental implants procedure typically takes about 90 minutes per tooth/implant site and is generally completed right in our office. After the treatment, you may need to take an over-the-counter pain reliever for any discomfort and stick with soft foods until your gums fully heal around them (within a few days). You should also avoid touching or flossing near where they were placed during this time as well since it could cause damage to those areas if done too soon after placement.
What Are The Pros Associated With Getting Mini Dental Implants?
- They can be placed in one day and are less invasive than other types of implants. Plus, there’s no need for bone grafting before placement!
- They look just like natural teeth because they have an outer coating made out of porcelain (similar to dentinal fluid) or zirconium oxide (which looks white).
These materials make them hard to tell apart from natural teeth when viewed up close.
- They won’t change color over time like dentures or crowns will do, making it easier for people who wear these types of dental implants all day long.
- The cost is much lower than other forms of tooth replacement because they require less work and material used during the manufacturing process than traditional methods such as porcelain veneers or bridges (see below).
What Are The Cons/Risks Associated With Getting Mini Dental Implants?
- Unlike traditional dental implants, mini dental implants are not as sturdy and can loosen over time.
- Since they are a newer technology, there is less data on their long-term effects and how often they fail.
- There is also the potential for bacteria to accumulate around the implant site if proper oral hygiene is not maintained.
Despite these risks, mini dental implants remain a popular choice for people who want an affordable and convenient tooth replacement option. If you’re highly interested in learning more about them, be sure to talk to the dentist!
Mini dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth. They can be used as a permanent solution, or they may only need to be placed for a few months if you’re waiting on your other teeth to come in. These tiny posts allow prosthodontists and dentists alike the ability to create an aesthetically pleasing smile with minimal hassle! If you have any questions about mini dental implants, please feel free to contact us today. We’ll help answer all of your needs so that you know what’s best for your oral health care situation.