The Best Implant Repair Services in Ancaster & Hamilton, Ontario
Cracked, Chipped, or Broken Implants? Get Them Fixed Today!
Dental implants, like everything else, can experience problems. They can start to wear out, chip, or even break. When this happens, it’s important to get them fixed as soon as possible. At Smiling Dental, we provide dental implant repair services for all kinds of problems. We can fix cracks, chips, and breaks in implants in as little as 24 hours. We can also replace old or worn-out implants with new ones. Get in touch with Smiling Dental for dental implant repair services today!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a type of dental restoration that can be used to replace missing teeth. They are made up of three parts: the implant, the abutment, and the crown. The implant is a small titanium post that is implanted into the jawbone. The abutment is a connector between the implant and the crown. The crown is the part of the restoration that is visible.
Dental implants are the most natural-looking replacement for missing teeth because they function just like your real teeth! Dental implants don’t require adhesives, braces, or any other uncomfortable procedures to keep them in place. They feel and act just like regular teeth with permanent results you can be proud of.
Signs That Your Dental Implants Need Repair
Although dental implants are a great permanent solution for missing teeth, they are not indestructible. Like any other part of your body, dental implants may require repair from time to time. The following are some signs that you may need to visit Smiling Dental Ancaster for implant repair:
- The implant seems loose – Your dental implant feels loose or wobbly.
- There is pain or swelling around the implant – Pain or swelling is a sure sign that your implant needs repair.
- The implant has shifted – The implant has moved from its original placement.
- The gum around the implant is red, inflamed, or bleeding – Which could be a sign of infection and that your implant needs to be repaired.
- Sudden Allergic Reaction – You may experience a sudden allergic reaction to the metal in your implant.
- Teeth grinding – This is a long-term implant failure that can happen because of several reasons like missing or misaligned teeth that may cause pain and discomfort.
Implant Care and Maintenance
With proper care and maintenance, your dental implant can last for many years. They may not even need repair at all! To preserve the life of your implant, extra steps should be taken to keep your mouth free of plaque and other debris.
Proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing techniques are a must for dental implant patients. You should also schedule regular dental cleanings or checkups with your dentist. If you need your dental implants repaired, our team of friendly dentists at Smiling Dental is here to help! Contact us today or visit our dental implant clinic in Ancaster, Ontario and we service clients from Hamilton and Dundas as well!